Ways of Paying Your Charges

Standing Order

People handing money overYou can request a standing order form in person or by calling Head Office on 01473 218818.

If you prefer to manage your banking through your personal online banking service, here are our bank details that rent transfers can be made to:

Account Name: Orwell Housing Association Ltd
Sort Code: 30-94-55
Account Number: 00498123
Bank: Lloyds TSB.

Please note that if you are paying by standing order, your agreement reference should always be quoted so that we can make sure that the money is shown against the right rent account. If you are unsure of what your agreement reference is, your housing officer, or the Customer Services Team, will be happy to help.

Direct Debit

Direct Debit LogoDirect Debit is the most convenient way to pay your rent because it comes straight out of your bank account. It is quicker and easier than paying by standing order.

A Direct Debit instructs your Bank or Building Society to make regular payments from your account to Orwell Housing, so you don’t have to remember when your rent is due or change the amount to be paid. It is easy to set up and gives you peace of mind, knowing that your rent has been paid each month.

If you are interested in paying your charges by Direct Debit, you can download a help leaflet and mandate form below. Alternatively contact your Housing Officer or Scheme Manager for further information.

To download a Direct Debit mandate form, please click here.

To view the Associations Direct Debit leaflet, please click here.

To contact your Housing Officer or Scheme Manager, please click here.

In Person

You can pay your rent in person by cash or cheque at either our Head Office in Ipswich, or the Branch Office in Lowestoft. For directions to either office, please click here .

Electronically By Phone or Internet 

You can make electronic payments on the internet via our website or by phoning a 24 hour automated telephone line, the number being 0845 12 043 31. Alternatively, you can call our Customer Services team on 01473 218818 during opening hours and they can process a debit card payment on your behalf.

Please click here to make an electronic payment from the Associations website.

For any of these options, you will need a bank debit card (with sufficient funds in your bank account to cover the payment you’re going to make). If you are paying accommodation charges or court costs, you will need your 6 digit unique Orwell payment reference which can be found at the top of your rent statement; if you are paying a recharge you will need the 8 digit invoice number beginning with SIJ which can be found on the invoice you have been sent.

These options are completely secure and quick ways of making payment. At the end of the transaction you will be told whether the payment has been successful, and you will be given a reference number. If you pay over the internet, you will also have the opportunity to give your e-mail address so an automated receipt can be sent to you.

We hope that you will be pleased with these new services, and would like to emphasise that these do not replace any existing payment methods available, but have been introduced to provide additional easy ways for you to pay Orwell Housing. If you have any problems at any time, please contact

By Post

You can pay your rent by sending a cheque or postal order with the correct amount to: Orwell Housing Association, Crane Hill Lodge, 325 London Road, Ipswich. IP2 0BE. Please make cheques payable to Orwell Housing Association Ltd, and make sure that your agreement reference number is on the back. Please do not send cash through the post.

At Lloyds TSB or Post Office

If you have a paying-in book, you can pay rent at any branch of Lloyds TSB or The Post Office. To request a paying-in book, e-mail payinginbook@orwell-housing.co.uk with your name and the first line of your address. Use the subject 'paying-in book'. You can also request a paying-in book from the Customer Services team at Orwell Housing Association Ltd.

If you have problems paying at the Post Office, click here for some helpful tips.

Request a Statement of Account

Statements are issued quarterly and will be posted to you. You can also ask for a statement at any time by speaking to your Housing Officer, Scheme Manager or the Customer Services Team. Alternatively a request can be made for a statement by e-mailing qwc@orwell-housing.co.uk or by completing a statement request form. To complete a statement request form, please click here.

Your Housing Officer or Scheme Manager, or our Customer Services team on 01473 218818.